Patna is the capital and largest city of the state of Bihar in India. It had an estimated population of 1.68 million in 2011, making it the 19th largest city in India. With over 2 million people, its urban agglomeration is the 18thlargest in India. The modern city of Patna is situated on the southern bank of river Ganges. The city also straddles the rivers Sone, Gandak and Punpun. The city is approximately 35 kms (22 miles) in length and 16 to 18 kms (9.9 to 11.2 miles) wide.
Transportation condition in the city (Source – PNN, BSRTC, BUIDCO)
- Traffic Command Centre set up with 10% traffic surveilled using 60 cameras, traffic status monitored real time, 11 towing vehicles functioning as jam busters;
- 16 Junctions redeveloped and maintained through Corporate Funds;
- Government Bus-fleet increased from 70 (JnNURM) to 120 (Prakashotsav Jan, 2017);
- maintenance of bus stops, sub-let to private companies by BUIDCO ,
- Coverage by footpaths increased from nil to 21% in ABD and 6% of Pan city roads;
- Traffic Violation reporting Whatsapp No. 9234500601 launched.
Water Availability (Source: BRJP and BUIDCO)
- Per capita supply is 122 litre per capita per day
- Average daily hours of water supply has improved from 10 to 12 hours
- Non-Revenue Water: 65% to 60%
- Coverage of Household Water Connections – 38% to 60%
- Initiatives taken-up in water sector includes – rehabilitation of old pipelines taken up in 18 wards and remaining 54 Wards are being planned; tender for laying the pipeline, construction of OHSRs and house connection is under bidding.
Solid waste management (SWM) programs (Source: Patna Nagar Nigam)
- Door to Door garbage collection;
- SWM Initiatives undertaken includes: Procured 720 Hand carts, 1324 of 1.1 Cum Bins, Tricycle Rickshaws 225, 135 Tractors, JCB 13, Robot 12, Compactors 25, Tippers 8, Haiwa 19;
- Weighbridge at Landfill site installed and operational;
- Waste to Energy Plant of 11.5 MW is being commissioned at Bairia village.
Availability of basic information to citizen
- Application forms made available online for property tax, building plan approval, trade license and others
- Easy access to contact details of key officials, ward members, project updates and tender details.
- Transparency in file movement, case information through e-DAK & Legal Case Monitoring system
- Patna Nagar Nigam hosts multi-channel dashboard for monitoring services, revenues and other ward-wise data in drill down approach. It generates requisite MIS reports on municipal services for analytical purposes.
- PNN provides online services for e-Procurement, Payment of Property Tax, Building Plan Approval, Certificates of Birth /Death etc.
- Information under public disclosure law available on website (https://nagarseva.bihar.gov.in/patna/) such as: Development Plan, Annual Budgets, recruitment related information, RTI reports, e-newsletters, key contact information, citizens’ charter, audit reports etc.,
- Online grievance redressal system helped reducing redressal time from 84 hours to 42 hours with push and pull SMS services